Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ohh...yummy!

We got just the thing to cheer us up when we arrived to work this morning sopping wet. Seriously, my clogs FILLED with water while I ran from the coffee shop to Rosie's. Ew! This great new yarn filled a void in our lace weight inventory. It was my TNNA homework from Lisa. My task? Find a yarn suitable for lace shawls that isn't as thin as, say Misti Alpaca Lace (875 yards to 100 gms) and not as heavy as something like Koigu (350 yds to 100 gms). And this is what I found. Hand Jive Nature's Palette Lace Weight Silk and Wool. The same natural dyes we came to love in Nature's Palette but in a lighter weight (655 yds to 100 gms) and with 30% silk. The colors are lovely, bright and scream spring. The natural dyes are rich and subtly shaded, although I wouldn't say it's a variegated yarn.





We also got some nice patterns which you could use for the Nature's Palette Fingering including these Cafe du Monde Glovesand this Spanish Lace Shawl would be great in either the Fingering or the Lace Weight. The pattern on this is very similar to Parthenope so I couldn't resist getting it.

No comments: