Wednesday, August 30, 2006

When the Cat Is Away . . .

. . . the mice will shovel Happy Meal toys. My kids are with my parents this week (thankyouthankyouthankyou, Mother and Dad!), and Suzanne and I are using our window of child-free bliss to (drumroll, please!) clean their rooms!

It's a little more complicated than that, but there's painting and carpeting and all manner of chaos that would have been impossible with the girls around. It's taking every waking non-working hour. Which is why I don't have any felted Koigu swatches to show.

But I did steal some time (while driving up I-95 to a Target that had the curtains that match the new bedspreads . . . ) to try something for the Black Bunny Hopalong:

This is going to be a hat. It's knit out of Blue-Faced Leicester roving, which I'm using without spinning it: I've split the roving down into slender strips, and I'm knitting them gently on US #13 needles. The result is lofty and warm and sooo soft.

It's also easy and quick and fun, all of which adds up to a good workshop topic. We'll make it Sunday, October 8 (the next free workshop date), from 1 to 5. $40 will include roving and circular needles; bring a set of double-points in any size between US #10 and #13. And if you're interested in taking the class, please vote on whether we should make the hat from bottom up or top down.

And Taiu, Knitting Circle meets tonight, so with any luck I'll be able to get some swatches done. Sorry for the delay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

top down top down top down. I can't get the hang of it myself. (Silently prays that neither the party nor wedding I am going to is on the 8th.) Funny thing is I got some roving at the Knit Show that I was thinking of knitting with and not spinning.

Rita