Friday, December 22, 2006

Mmm...Art Yarns

Two new additions arrived today!
The first is Art Yarns Cashmere 5, which is a hand dyed five ply worsted weight 100% cashmere (say that 5 times fast!) and the second is Art Yarns Silk Rhapsody Glitter, which I am suprisingly mad for. I am not usually the shiny fuzzy yarn kinda gal, but this is sooo soft and lovely I don't think I can resist. I think I am going to re-design Geyl as a stole using it--not that the original Geyl Shawl wouldn't exist! There would just be a new spin on it, in addition.

Okay, so anyways, the Cashmere 5 is 120yds per skein for $44. One skein makes these lovely fingerless mittens: The Art Yarns website says the pattern for these is available for free with purchase but I can't seem to find the right link. Hopefully we'll have some tomorrow!
However, with two skeins you can make this keyhole scarf:

Mmmm...warm...cashmere...drool...

And the Silk Rhapsody:




Grrr...it's doing that thing where it won't let me load more photos!! I'll see if I can do a second blog with the other pics.

No comments: