Friday, November 11, 2005
Top 10 Things I Learned from Dorlynn
1. The many uses of eyeless safety pins.
2. If it isn't right, do it over. Again and again. And again. Until it's right.
3. Meticulous finishing can make even an unattractive garment look better.
4. Who Catherine Lowe is.
5. 101 ways to wear a scarf.
6. When selecting yarn for a project, lay out all the colors under the Ott light, and arrange them proportionally (so that you let only a wee bit of the accent colors peek out lest they overwhelm the main colors, and you use, say, 2 skeins of the main color to figure out how it looks with lots of that color).
7. A bath in a dilute solution of cold water with hair conditioner does wonders for a scratchier-than-desired yarn.
8. Lace, lace, lace.
9. The joys of little zip mesh bags.
10. Don't take your picture in one of those little booths in the middle of the RYC Christmas party. Especially after a margarita or two.
Wishing you well, Dor. The Saturday Crew won't be the same without you.