Thursday, May 07, 2009

Wine and Wind Party!

We had a really great time last night at our annual Wine and Wind party, and we hope you did too! Clyde made a breif appearance to see his fans, and he did not destroy anything, I'm pleased to announce. We got to see some really great yarn and I got some advice from Sherry about how to soften my world's scratchiest yarn which I purchased while in Maryland. Scratchy, yes. But beautiul. I don't have a pic yet, but it is from the Faroese islands, and I am a sucker for historically accurate yarns. More on that yarn later...
It was great to see everyone swatching and talking about everyone's plans for this years (and last years, and that other time...) purchases.

And we did wind some yarn.

I want to thank all of you who took the Rosie Bus to The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this year! You guys make it tons of fun. Congratulations to the winners of our Rosie's Bus raffle grand prizes--a Namaste Laguna bag and a set of Addi Clicks!

We look forward to doing it again next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so how DO you soften that scratchy yarn? please tell!

knithappy said...

I have heard that a soak in hair conditioner can do wonders, but I really think that the scratchiness must be part of the "inner beauty" of this yarn.