Sunday, July 30, 2006

(Not Much) Knitting on the Road

Sorry so silent--we took the kids on vacation last week, and connectivity wasn't what one might have hoped. But I'm back now. Official travel-knitting scorecard:

--Icarus: Maybe 10 more rows, but it actually feels like negative progress, because I'd thought I was about to finish the last boring repeat before the edge patterns begin--but I was wrong, and had another repeat to go.

--Pomatomus: Got these underway just before we left, thanks to a skein of Black Bunny sock yarn called "Fearless Leader." Did about an inch and a half of the leg.

--Highland Triangle: Didn't touch it. I may have made negative progress here, too, as the last few stitches of the row fell off the needle at some point while I was packing or unpacking, and I just don't understand the pattern all that well; I may have to frog the row.

I hope to get some pictures up soon. Meanwhile, I'm glad people have been finding the posts on hand-dyed yarns useful. They're not over yet, by the way, but there's still some swatching to be done before the next installment.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hmmm...I didn't get much knitting done in Montreal either. And you said there are no stores. Maybe it is a no-knitting zone?

Hope the family had loads of fun!